As we enter into our first full week with Song Story: Volume 1 from Song Story Press, we are neck deep in the excitement. The pursuit of an audience, of great music and more great stories brings with it a heady emotion reminiscent of child hood games.
Does this week's prompt remind you of innocence or terror or romance or a little of each?
Guest Judge: L.T. Dalin
LT has been writing all her life, in some form or the other, but it wasn't until University when she studied Broadcast Journalism that her eyes were opened. Since then she's spent the past years trying to find her voice, her style and comfort zone, and she's having a blast with it. She's also a housewife, with a loving husband and two very demanding budgies. When she's not attending to them, she's working on a Fantasy Trilogy for YA called The Finder.
In L.T.'s "Death's Apprentice", a tallyman of the fatal sort takes an interest in the fate of two star-crossed lovers to amusing effect.
In her second story, "Primal" urges move a blood-sucking club promoter to consider throwing it all away for the thrill of the hunt.
*words and phrases in brackets can be replaced creatively (eg. "Ready or not; here we come!)
- The story must start from the prompt. This means the prompt must be the
first words in the story.
- No more than 500 words (not including the prompt). No less than 100 words.
- Any genre (in fact an unexpected genre will get you more brownie points.)
- Entries must be submitted by Tuesday Noon EST0
- If your story would be rated R or NC-17 in a movie, please post a note to that effect at the beginning of your entry.
- The winner of each week's competition will win a kindle copy of "Song Stories: Volume I"
- The winner and runner-ups will be entered into a drawing to win a beautiful paperback edition of song stories
- Have fun!