It was only yesterday when we were playing around and flirting like teenagers do. She was one of my three best friends, the ones I called my angels.
She was the quietest of us, her voice a gentle trickle of a mountain stream, but her smile lit up an entire room like a lighthouse beacon slicing through the tumult of a hurricane.
Twenty years have come and gone but I always said to myself "It's okay. I'll go visit her next year. I'm so busy, there's so much to do."
Now I'm sitting out on my front porch. My cigarette burns away while I drop gentle wishes on the wind. I listen on the wind for her response, but there is only silence.
Still, in my heart, I hear her. She speaks to me in that same gentle voice. Now my angel has gone to be with her kin, in the bosom of Abraham, in the loving arms of the Father.
Good-bye my angel.
Lupus has a challenge of their own called #TitleTwisters. Stop by and check it out!
- The story must start from the prompt. This means the prompt must be the first words in the story.
- No more than 500 words (not including the prompt). No less than 100 words.
- Any genre (in fact an unexpected genre will get you more points.)
- Entries must be submitted by Tuesday Noon EST
- The winner of each week's competition will be invited to judge the following week and post the winner's badge similar to the one on the right. (This week's winner will judge the week after next - No really, I mean it this time)
- Have fun!