Then the morning sun rises. You are battered and bruised, worse for wear, but for some reason you are still alive. Visions of the end of the world vary, but our own personal Armageddon can seem like it impacts the whole world.
Guest Judge: Steve Voelker
You can follow his blog at SteveVoelkerFiction.com
Steve's Story "Live Better" contrasts the most significant event in history with the most mundane of circumstances. Find his story and more in Song Stories: Volume 1.
- The story must start from the prompt. This means the prompt must be the
first words in the story.
- No more than 500 words (not including the prompt). No less than 100 words.
- Any genre (in fact an unexpected genre will get you more brownie points.)
- Entries must be submitted by Tuesday Noon EST0
- If your story would be rated R or NC-17 in a movie, please post a note to that effect at the beginning of your entry.
- The winner of each week's competition will win a kindle copy of "Song Stories: Volume I"
- The winner and runner-ups will be entered into a drawing to win a beautiful paperback edition of song stories
- Have fun!