If you aren't interested in writing a novel or you want another challenge, please remember the Song Stories anthology is still looking for submissions. Some of my best submissions have come from Motivation Monday regulars! Now back to your regularly scheduled contest
She''ll be participating in NaNoWriMo this year for the second time. She's going with an off-genre she calls literary romance. (Hmm, that's got me thinking Jane Austen.)
She's won a number of badges and honorable mentions not just from Motivation Monday but from around the flash fiction circuit. In her words, "I'm just having fun writing when I can and making progress." (How's that for motivation?
- The story must start from the prompt. This means the prompt must be the
first words in the story.
- No more than 500 words (not including the
prompt). No less than 100 words.
- Any genre (in fact an
unexpected genre will get you more points.)
- Entries must be submitted
by Tuesday Noon EST
- The winner of each week's competition will be
invited to judge the following week and post the winner's badge similar to the
one shown here.
- If your story would be rated R or NC-17 in a movie, please post a note to that effect at the beginning of your entry.
- Have fun!