There is a Sunday School song that includes the line "Oh, be careful little eyes what you see."
What things have you seen that cannot be unremembered? What Lovecraftian horror might drive the view insane? Share your deepest regrets and darkest fears - or just some silly or gross image you could have done without seeing.
Guest Judge: Jack Horne
In "Raquel's Photograph", Jack considers David Soul's classic "Don't Give Up On Us Baby" and pondered what might happen if the hero failed to get his love back. Find out what happens in Song Stories: Volume 1.
*Bracketed words can be replaced with any comparable word or phrase.
- The story must start from the prompt. This means the prompt must be the
first words in the story.
- No more than 500 words (not including the prompt). No less than 100 words.
- Any genre (in fact an unexpected genre will get you more brownie points.)
- Entries must be submitted by Tuesday Noon EST0
- If your story would be rated R or NC-17 in a movie, please post a note to that effect at the beginning of your entry.
- The winner of each week's competition will win a kindle copy of "Song Stories: Volume I"
- The winner and runner-ups will be entered into a drawing to win a beautiful paperback edition of song stories
- Have fun!